Well we are finally in the homestretch of 2012. I photographed my last session over Thanksgiving and will shoot my last wedding of the year next weekend. Each of my clients has been a joy to work with: so many smiles, lots of laughing, and even a few happy tears (I ALWAYS tear up at some point during their weddings, but try my best to hide it with the camera!). It’s been a wild ride this year, but I wouldn’t change a minute of it.
When I started budget planning for 2013, I decided to increase my booking goal for next year by almost doubling the number of weddings I had this year. At the time, I thought the number was unattainable. I expected I could come close to it and figured it was a good thing to aim high. However, at this moment, I am over half way to that goal and we haven’t even hit the thick of “engagement season” yet (according to the Knot, 39% of couples get engaged November-January!). I am SO proud of where JSP is headed and cannot wait to see what else is in store for 2013.
December Goals (there’s a lot!)
- drum roll…..LAUNCH THE NEW LOOK!!
- LAUNCH GIVEAWAYS! I have a great line up of awesome giveaways which include some of my favorite things. Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect: Couture Cake cupcakes, a spa day in Greenville, a Kelly Moore bag, a FREE session with me, and MORE! Check back throughout the month for giveaway postings and guidelines on entering, or you can follow me on Facebook for updates. www.facebook.com/JenniferStuartPhotography
- Prepare and ship client Christmas gifts.
- Catch up on client blog posts and finish all 2012 editing. This time of year is CRAZY busy and I have put blogging on the back burner in order to get all client orders shipped. Don’t worry though, all sessions will get posted eventually and I’m hoping to be caught up soon.
- Post on office design.
- Post on my “closet” room. I promised this awhile ago. It’s actually clean right now for the Christmas party this weekend, so I’ll try to remember to take pictures while that lasts.
- Meet with CPA.
- Christmas cookie swap party! I have wanted to have a cookie swap for years, so I finally planned to do it. Little did I know that I was creating the perfect storm of stress (branding launch, busy time of year for editing/sessions, Christmas party planning). But, I’ve become the master of multi-tasking and everything is getting done. Someone is watching over me and taking care of me for sure!
-Take time to enjoy the holidays. Being a small business owner, it’s so hard to hang up the working hat and just enjoy personal time. There’s ALWAYS something that can be done for work (editing, emails, marketing research, etc.). This is my favorite time of year though, and it’s especially one that should be spent with family and friends. So, I have decided to take a leave of absence from December 21-January 2 to really enjoy what matters most to me. Emails will still be checked for inquiries and upcoming weddings, but blogging will return in the new year.
- Finalize rebranding!
- Prep for launch contests!
- Prep for Christmas cookies and cocktails party.
- Start Christmas shopping and get packages ordered.
- Celebrate my favorite holiday of the year: Thanksgiving!! Can’t wait to get in the kitchen with my Momma again.
Here’s a super sneak peek of my Christmas card design with the new logo debut. Don’t get too excited though…I had to blur it out until the big reveal!
I should also note that this will be my last Goals post for awhile. Over the past couple years, monthly goal posts have kept me on track to building my business up and accomplishing tasks of personal achievement. Now, the new brand is complete, my work schedule is streamlined, packaging design is done, and the JSP office move is finished. I am content with where I stand. I’ll still have my daily to do lists and I might come back for seasonal goals every now and then when I need a motivating tool, but right now I am at a happy place to just “be”. Don’t worry though, I have other ideas for monthly updates so I’ll still keep things personal for all of you that enjoyed them. Thanks to all of you who continue to read my ramblings! xoxo, Jennifer